With the increasing new cases of the new coronavirus disease known as COVID-19 in Nigeria, proper preventive measures has to be taken to curtail the spread of the virus.
The most common symptoms of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) are fever, tiredness, persistent sneezing and dry cough.
Here’s our list of dos and don’ts in preventing the spread of COVID-19 as recommended by World Health Organization (WHO) and Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC)!
Dos and Don’ts
- Avoid crowded places, social gatherings and other events
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water
- Use hand sanitizer when soap and water isn’t available
- Ensure you properly dispose used tissue papers and face masks
- Don’t wear a mask unless you’re sick. Masks help protect others from catching the virus, but wearing one when you’re healthy won’t do much.
- Wear disposable gloves and regularly disinfects and clean hard surfaces
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose, and mouth
- At all cost avoid all nonessential travel especially to affected places
- Don’t spread misinformation or rumors on social media
- Don’t go to work or public places, if you’re sick
- Maintain at least 1 metre (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing
- Always cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze
- Stay at home and try as much as possible to avoid unnecessary contact with people.
- Keep your immune system strong by eating healthy food, drinking good water, exercising and taking fruits.
Also don’t forget to seek medical attention or call your local emergency numbers if you or anyone around you is displaying symptoms of the illness.
Stay Safe, Ensure you share this information!